I love homemade strawberry freezer jam. Not only is it so easy to make but it retains that fresh fruit flavor and has less sugar in it. I can jam as well since I only have so much freezer space, and Emmaline even less, but I have to admit that this is my preferred method of making jam.
2/3 cup sugar 2 tablespoon ball instant pectin 1 2/3 cups crushed strawberries
Steps to Make Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam:
1. Remove all the green stems off the strawberries and wash them.
2. Blend 1 2/3 cups of crushed strawberries. (You can just mash them up but this is so easy.)
3. In a small bowl, stir together 2/3 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of Ball instant pectin.
4. Add mix to the crushed berries. Blend for 20 seconds (or stir for 3 minutes if doing it by hand.)
5. Place in clean containers with lids and freeze for up to 1 year.
So simple, and so delicious. I always make fresh bread when I make jam. Sally Lunn Bread is one of my favorites. Take a look here if you want to see how to make it.